This week marks what is often known as the Second New Year. It’s back to work and back to school for many of us.
With a new year mindset, it’s a great time to pause and take stock of where you are at, what’s working, and what’s not.
Here are a few ideas of things you might want to do this week (or today if you are enjoying the holiday):
1. Set or review your goals for the next 4 months to the end of the year.
2. Make your goals visible – where can you view or review these?
3. Spend a few minutes going through a guided session -you can use the quarterly prompts I included in the Q1 reflection session. Grab a pen and your journal and earmark 30 minutes to go thorough this 30 minute quarterly planning session.
4. If you do consider September to be the start of your new year, check out the post on Creating an Annual To Do List .
5. Review your schedule for the fall. Have you included:
6. Consider what habits are going to help you do the things you want. Habits allow us to do things consistently and efficiently, often without as much thought.
7. Consider what you want to say YES to this fall AND consider what you want to let go of and NOT do.
What are your goals this fall? What do you want to focus on?
Enjoy your first Monday of September AND some Labor Day magic!
Jennifer Britton, PCC, CPCC
Author multiple books including the Coaching Business Builder Workbook and Planner (2018), Effective Group Coaching (2010)
Check out the #90DaysPlanDoTrack series of daily prompts for your work and business over on Instagram @CoachingBizBuilder.
Coach Jennifer Britton has worked with entrepreneurs across a variety of sectors since the late 1990s, even before she was in business herself. From supporting micro-entreprise and eco-tourism businesses to working with service based entrepreneurs and coaches, her PRACTICAL and TACTICAL approach to business coaching is ACTION focused, with emphasis on AWARENESS as well. Jenn is the author of the Coaching Business Builder Workbook and planner, and 3 others books related to group and team coaching and virtual conversations. She also hosts the Coaching BIzGrowth Lab, an open-enrollment group coaching program for coaches. Jenn founded her business - Potentials Realized - in April 2004.
Become a CBB Facilitator